Over 120 crore people are enrolled in Aadhaar and India is adding one the size of Singapore each week to Aadhaar. Advanced countries and mostly smaller ones have it like social security numbers, and given India’s size, it should provide much greater benefits.
So what are these:
- for businesses it helps to avoid bloat in their expenses when adding new customer or employees;
- for government it prevent leakages like lakhs of ghost teachers on the government payroll;
- for individuals – once you have the Aadhaar, there is now no discrimination about who / what demographic you are;
- wherever you go in India from Kerala to Arunachal Pradesh – you would get the same experience;
- if you had faced a disaster – Aadhaar should allow to get back your identify and eventually life, and much more.
Further state-of-the-art can be made to it, and government needs to provide better education about it and how it should be used. Surely, these will all happen in time, but all in all AADHAAR IS GREAT THING AND GOOD FOR INDIA…
- 13 Feb 2018