India’s Army Chief recently made some correct and important security concerns in a close door defence seminar but some points got leaked.
Some key points were:
* Even well before the Rohingya crisis in Myanmar, in 2010, 40 lakh Rohingya entered India illegally and they have grabbed land and settled in hindu majortiy Jammu and not in muslim majority Kashmir. These intruders have all ID cards – ration cards, voter cards, Aadhaar cards and even permanent resident certificates (PRC), whcih some locals struggle to get. Further, they have settled close to army camps and some recent terrorist attacks on army camps where several soldiers were killed have links to these illegal settlements.
* In 2011, the West Bengal Governor warned that there were more than 1.5 crore illegals from Bangladesh and India was sitting on an infiltration time bomb.
* In 1998, the Assam Governor warned that nearly 1 crore population of Bangladesh was missing – meaning they landed up in India in the north-east. And Pakistan’s ISI was working on a plot to cut-off India’s chicken-neck which will cutoff the north-east.
* Maulana Badruddin Ajmal’s All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) is the fastest growing party explained by the massive influx of illegal migrants from Bangladesh into Assam. These illegals have all proper documentation – ration card, voter ID, Aadhar card, etc. while genuine Indian citizens in remote locations struggle to get Aadhaar and ration cards.
SO AS THE ARMY CHIEF SAID, SOONER WE WAKE UP AND TAKE PROPER ACTION, THE SAFER AND SECURE INDIA IS…
Source: Daily Pioneer
- 14 Mar 2018
With Karnataka state elections around the corner, the Congress party has set sky high application fees. The cost of an application itself is Rs. 100. The application fee is Rs 1 lakh for ministers, Rs 50,000 for MLAs, MLC’s and MPs and Rs. 25,000 for former MLAs, MPs and MLCs.
For all others, the fee has been fixed at Rs. 20,000 for General Category and Rs. 15,000 for SC/ST category. The state Congress party is saying these funds would be used to extend the party’s office building.
IS THAT THE REASON OR THE PARTY IS OUT OF FUNDS AND THIS IS THE WAY TO REBUILD THE BANK ACCOUNT…?
- 12 Mar 2018
India’s first women fighter pilots to be commissioned were Flying Officers Avani Chaturvedi, Bhawana Kanth and Mohana Singh. For the first time, each of them flew the MiG-21, an older fighter jet in air force solo from the Jamnagar air base. This was reported as a milestone achievement on the occasion of the International Women’s Day as well as to highlight women achieving parity. They now look to fly the latest Rafale fighter jets when inducted. Hearty Congratulations!
- 9 Mar 2018
A Congress MLA and former minister brought an unexploded grenade inside the Kerala assembly. The Kerala assembly was discussing brutal actions by the state police and how cops were suppressing people’s protests in a brutal manner and even throwing grenades at people, even if these are expired. This is when the MLA member displayed the grenade in the assembly to make the point. No question, expired or not, if these grenades explode anywhere – it could cause great destruction, havoc and even kill people. Without incident, the grenade was handed to security people.
Source: Manorama Online
- 8 Mar 2018
China’s defence budget is about Rs. 12,00,000 crores or 3 times India’s annual budget according to reports, and just under a third of USA’s budget and it continues to grow fast. Some analysts say this budget leaves out some expenses like the new aircraft carriers and jet fighters being build. It might even exclude lots of road & infrastructure building along India’s border.
What are these increases for: personnel, equipment upgrades but also trying to encircle India with defence installations and achieving expansion to more parts of the world.
INDIA IS LEFT WITH NO CHOICE BUT TO WATCH OUT, BE ON GUARD (which we are), SPEND SMARTLY AND ALSO INCREASE OUR BUDGET AT A FAST PACE.
- 8 Mar 2018
Election results in critical India’s north-eastern states threw some major surprise and shocks unlike ever before. CPM, the communist party ruling Tripura lost heavily to the alliance of the BJP and Indigenous Tribal party alliance – ending a 20 year rule. BJP which had never won a single seast got 35 seats and the alliance got 43 seats in a 60 member assembly, and the combined vote share was nearly 44% compared to 1-2% in the last elections. The CPM admits it was shocked as it did not see this shock defeat coming.
In Nagaland, despite the BJP being a junior member of the outgoing government, the Nagaland Baptist Church Council (NBCC) issued both written and oral appeals and warnings, made many false accusations at every chance they got to the christian majority people of both Nagaland and Meghalaya to not vote for any candidate who was in alliance with the BJP.
Despite so much public hatred and accusations, the BJP alliance seems to have campaigned on peace, progress, prosperity and development. Most importantly, the PEOPLE OF BOTH NAGALAND AND MEGHALAYA SAW THROUGH THIS PUBLIC HATRED AND ACCUSATIONS OF THE CHURCH BUT STILL VOTED FOR DEVELOPMENT programme of the NDA alliance and against the wishes of the Church diktat. The NDA alliance which includes the BJP will form government in both these states.
- 6 Mar 2018
Sri Jayendra Saraswathi, Shankaracharya of the Kanchi mutt in Tamil Nadu passed away. The Kanchi mutt which was one of the many mutts established by Sri Adi Shankaracharya in the 8th century. His immense contributions to south India in protecting and reviving Hinduism will be remembered for the decades to come.
Just a few of his contributions include:
* With Hindus in Tamil Nadu’s Kanyakumari district were under siege by church groups supported by foreign funded missionaries, Sri Sarawathi ji came to their rescue when no else would, gave them courage and started to unify them. Throughout the 1970s and 1980s, he stood by the community when hardly anyone would venture there.
* Long back, despite orthodox opposition, Sri Saraswathi trained priests from all communities including Scheduled Castes and issued certificates. Now both Tamil Nadu and Kerala have priests from all communities.
In 2004, he was falsely accused of murder of a temple employee – false charges which were dropped after ten years. But throughout this torturous ordeal, he remained calm and silent and remained unshaken by the unlimited media and societal heat and accusations. India PM, Vice President, and political and civic society leaders all have express gratitude and condolences.
- 1 Mar 2018
In another Indian foreign policy win, Pakistan has been put on the global terror finance watch list. However after heavy push back from its supporting countries – Saudi Arabia and the GCC, China and Turkey, this action was delayed to start in June. The significance of this move is several – it means that officially Pakistan either support or is involved in terrorism activities and as a result funds flow in to and out of Pakistan will be heavily scrutinized by banks and their respective countries. Borrowing funds from overseas will be both difficult and expensive and there are other negatives.
NOW EVERY PAKISTANI ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD (which compares itself to India and feels itself to be unlike Afghanistan) WILL FEEL THE BLACK MARK OF THIS ACTION.
Source: New Indian Express
- 28 Feb 2018
Florida (USA) had school shooting rampage with many children and staff shot dead. During the shooting reportedly some school security failed or allegedly did not come to the rescue and it does takes nearly 10 minutes for police and swat teams to arrive. Just as the shots were being heard, expecting the worst, Ms. Shanthi Viswanathan, mathematics teacher immediately locked all doors to her classroom and asked students stoop and crouch down on the floor. Even as the police and swat teams knocked on the doors she refused to open and asked them to either use a key or break open the door. The swat team was left with no choice but to break the glass to get the students out. It is nice to see Ms. Shanthi and her students safe. And Ms. Shanthi and her Indian upbringings – which hardly ever revolves around a gun, received the well deserved grateful thanks of parents and the world at large.
Source: Indian Eagle
- 27 Feb 2018
UP Chief Minister Shri Yogi Adityanath ji is coming under so much pressure to stop the Police action – or what media and opposition call “Police Encounters”.
Criminals and their political sympathiers are feeling so much heat, why because of the such results to date according to some sources:
* Over 1,200 police actions
* 40+ criminals killed
* 300+ criminals injured
* Nearly 3,000 arrested
* Nearly 150 surrendered
* SHOCKINGLY, CRIMINALS WANT TO STAY IN JAIL DESPITE GETTING BAIL HAVE HAD THEIR BAIL BONDS CANCELLED AND GONE BACK TO JAIL – doubt we have heard of this before.
So Uttar Pradesh and India says, Sir please continue your good work, we are with you even if a small section is blaming you!!!
Source: The Hindu
- 22 Feb 2018
India witnessed a moment of sheer amazement. Shri Janardan Mishra, BJP leader and Madhya Pradhesh minister as part of a routine school inspection found a toilet in a school in his Rewa district clogged learnt that children could not use it or shower. Instead of shouting instructions, he immediately got down on his knees and cleaned the toilet with his bare hands removing the clogged waste and soil. Not just that, as the young boys had not had a bath, he even helped some boys to have a bath and clipped some nails. Shri Mishra is a fan on PM Modi and a die hard believer in “Swacch Bharat“.
Following this, he went on to twitter and “ASKED PEOPLE TO TAKE THE OATH TO PROMOTE CLEANLINESS“.
Repeating this action may be difficult for many, but can we at least take the cleanliness oath at all times and all places -> and try to live by it? WHILE THIS SOUNDS LIKE BOLLYWOOD BUT ACTUALLY IT HAPPENED IN THE REAL INDIA.
Source: Indian Express
- 20 Feb 2018
Our media makes fun when we say “love-jihad” or when Hindu girls (or Sikh or Christian girls) when they elope or get tricked and elope Muslim boys, then get forced to convert to Islam. If it is natural love and if it goes both ways meaning woman is either Muslim or of another community and marries a man of another community, then each maintains their religion or converts either way, most people would say it feels fair. Recently, Ankit Saxena was in love with Shehzadi – a Muslim girl. In broad daylight, Ankit neck was slit and he was butchered – the girl’s family has admitted to the murder. The media wants to bury the story as a family dispute – but the issue is much bigger.
Some key questions that are being asked are – “IS CONVERSION FROM HINDUISM TO ISLAM A HUMAN RIGHT IN A SECULAR COUNTRY BUT NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND? ALSO, EVERY INDIAN HAS A RIGHT TO KNOW WHETHER THE RIGHT TO CONVERSION IS ONLY A ONE WAY STREET TO ISLAM? Were there theological underpinning to Ankit’s brutal murder?
In a similar vein, Chandan was shot to death in UP as he was shouting slogans against Pakistan – why did this anger some Indians so much that led to murder?
Source: Daily Pioneer
- 16 Feb 2018
Cyclone Gita with wind speeds of over 230km/hour and the eye of the cyclone of over 100 kilometers inflicted major damage to the Kingdom of Tonga in the South Pacific – not seen in over 60 years. The Kingdom of Tonga is a country of 176 islands with only 40 inhabited, is near the Fiji islands.
Fiji islands has over 40% of its people of Indian origin who had migrated which could be why the cyclone is named Cyclone “Gita” – the sacred book that is familiar to all of us in India.
Source: The Guardian
- 15 Feb 2018
India recently imposed a record fine of Rs. 136 crore on Google for discriminatory search which was only a real small hit to Google. But the issue is much bigger for India and every other country (with the exception of USA as these companies are based there) who face serious threats from all the major technology companies – Facebook, Amazon, Google and Apple.
1) Through our smartphones and our apps they seem to monitor all our citizens and even try to influence their social and political preferences,and they try to crush competitive businesses. The read our texts and emails and track our movements and habits, what we say and to who we talk to. Due to our searches they know our likes and dislikes. Even facial recognition is starting to learn more about us. All this data which tech companies consider so valuable is likely stored and analyzed overseas without our permission.
2) Indian regulators need to consider if these companies have become technology monopolies. These silicon valley tech moguls have admitted that they copy or steal from competitors, and if all else fails, they acquire them.
3) Look at Amazon – it is practically moving into all industries and destroying all competition – in India also, as is Uber doing..
India must learn from China – either we must restrict or shut these tech companies and allow our own startups to form, thrive and grow. Else, very soon we will be controlled by these non-India tech companies who want to be masters of the world or acting on behalf of their own governments.
- 14 Feb 2018
Over 120 crore people are enrolled in Aadhaar and India is adding one the size of Singapore each week to Aadhaar. Advanced countries and mostly smaller ones have it like social security numbers, and given India’s size, it should provide much greater benefits.
So what are these:
- for businesses it helps to avoid bloat in their expenses when adding new customer or employees;
- for government it prevent leakages like lakhs of ghost teachers on the government payroll;
- for individuals – once you have the Aadhaar, there is now no discrimination about who / what demographic you are;
- wherever you go in India from Kerala to Arunachal Pradesh – you would get the same experience;
- if you had faced a disaster – Aadhaar should allow to get back your identify and eventually life, and much more.
Further state-of-the-art can be made to it, and government needs to provide better education about it and how it should be used. Surely, these will all happen in time, but all in all AADHAAR IS GREAT THING AND GOOD FOR INDIA…
- 13 Feb 2018